As the news of Bridget Jones Baby makes headlines, it hit us. Is Bridget Jones our DGAF style icon? Maybe she often needed to get her look together, but there are just so many important style precedents in the original Bridget Jones’s Diary that they all needed to be documented. She gives the least screws, and she’s a true fashion chameleon. So here are the 12 best life and style lessons Bridget ever gave us.
1. Whenever someone invites you to a holiday party that doesn’t offer the opportunity to do karaoke in an empty room in penguin pajamas, you really have to assess how little being in the company of other people means.
2. If you’re going to wear your Christmas outfit your mother picked out for you, the best way to go is to have a dismal expression to go with it so that no one thinks you really want to look like that.
3. At-home hair removal is no big deal.
4. Having a healthy body image fueled by fashion magazines is a must.
5. A bunny tuxedo is never not appropriate.
6. If your head scarf falls off and the wind gives you a blowout, just go with it.
7. Don’t take style advice from creepy dudes.
8. Dress for the job you want.
9. Granny panties are real charmers.
10. Christmas accessories can make you appear much more fun than you are.
11. If you wear a coat over your pajamas, it’s like you’re always ready to get off the couch.
12. Snowy weather is pants optional.