Drink This Daily to Live Longer and Healthier!
My one morning ritual that has remained for many years (and won’t be going anywhere anytime soon), is a cup (eight ounces) of warm lemon water EVERY. SINGLE. MORNING. Like brushing teeth, it is part of the am routine. I believe this is one of the best ways to wake up your digestive system and kick start your metabolism for the day. But, besides those couple of health benefits here are a bunch of others to (hopefully) motivate you to add this healing ritual to your morning act.
- Kick start your digestive system for the day. The acid and vitamins in fresh lemon juice will flush all unwanted toxins out of the body and relieve any bloating, indigestion or heartburn.
- Known to help keep skin clear. Once you have added a cup of lemon water to your daily routine you may begin to notice a major difference in your skin. It will become brighter, clearer, and the texture will be soft and more supple (Hello, baby skin!). Also, say bye to dark spots and circles! Vitamin C is the key to a renewed and glowing appearance.
- Get happier! Just the smell of a lemon alone can send you from sad to glad. The enzymes and invigorating properties that lemons carry can help clear your mind and alleviate anxiety. Lemons are high in potassium and when there is not enough potassium in your blood it can lead to symptoms of depression. (Ain’t nobody got time for that.)
- Say Cheese! And say goodbye to expensive teeth whitening systems. With just one cup of lemon water a day you will see the results of whiter, brighter teeth.
- Fresher Breath! Drinking warm lemon water can help fight gingivitis and release toxins from your gut, which is ultimately how bad breath begins in the first place. But, we’ll save that for another post.
- Aids in Weight loss. Lemons are high in fiber keeping hunger cravings at bay.
- Lemon water revitalizes your pH levels (pH measures how acidic your body is, a level of 14 being the best and 0 the worst) keeping your pH balanced and/or at a higher level makes it easier to ward off any illnesses.
- Helps in preventing cancer. There has been much research that has found that cancer cannot thrive in an alkaline environment. Drink up to support a balanced body.
Now, you could have a cold glass of water with lemon as well, but warm water is much gentler on your internal system when it’s just awakening, and your body will absorb the nutrients easier at a lukewarm or warm temperature rather than at a colder temp.
These are only some of the wonderful benefits of lemons. I hope you can make room in your morning routine for this life enriching ritual. If you do, let me know what benefits you take away! Cheers!
CLICK HERE FOR FULL VERSION OF THIS STORY