I live in the middle of the Caribbean and our winter is pretty much just having a little more breeze than usual. But lately, we have been experiencing the low 60s-70s and it’s been really pleasant for most of us!
The interesting thing here is that if you have normal to oily skin like I do, you may have seen some changes in your skin during the colder days. So I had to research on how to make it glow and not flake on me. Without overdoing it, of course! Here is a winter beauty routine you should try:
- Use a high-quality hydrating lip balm — I have sinuses so I need to use a lip balm every night or I will end up with super chapped lips the whole day. But these days I’ve been needing a lot more during the day if I don’t want to have bloody lips by night. I’ve been really enjoying Bite’s Lip Mask.
- Use a hydrating mask after your usual cleansing treatment — This is a trick I learned a while back and it has been helping me a lot with these dryer skin days. You detoxify your skin first, and after it’s clean you add a splash of moisture. Try it! You won’t regret it. I’ve been using Glossier’s Moisturizing Moon Mask and it feels like a luxurious spa treatment.
- Wear a hydrating primer underneath your makeup — This has been a game changer for me! I was noticing some dry patches in my skin these days, so I decided to start wearing this Glossier Priming Moisturizer. Long lasting makeup perfection!
- Facial Sprays — If your skin is feeling dull or you just need a pick me up, use a facial spray and you will instantly feel dewy and refreshed. I like to have one in my vanity and one in my office –Office environments can be really drying! Both literally and figuratively…
- Don’t forget your SPF — Even on darker days, you need your SPF. I suggest you try a moisturizer with SPF, so you get two for one! This will not only help with dark spots, but it will make your skin look young longer. Josie Maran’s Daily Moisturizer with SPF 47 is amazing.
- Have fun with highlighter! — What better time to step up your highlighter game than winter? This will make your skin look dewy and refreshed even on your driest days. I have really being enjoying Becca’s Shimmering Skin Perfector in Champagne Pop.