The Golden Globes are not only a time to root for your favorite actor or actress but let’s face it it’s a great opportunity to check out some of the red carpet style and bodies too! So many talented and fit actors embrace their bodies by flaunting what they have no matter what their size may be. The stars at the Golden Globes were bringing bold fashion, glam, and strong bodies! Maybe you are wondering how Sienna Miller has such a sleek physique or you are dying to have arms like Viola Davis? Continue reading for a few red carpet inspired workouts.
#FashionGlobe: Congratulations to #ViolaDavis for winning a golden glove for best performance by an actress in a supporting role for her role as rose in the movie #HiddenFigures. Dress by the amazing #MichaelKors || #illustrator #passion #fashionillustration #fashionstudent #designschool #details #art #artist #drawing #fashionschool #lookbook #fashionista #ilovefashion #passionforfashion #Nooremac #design #designer #clothing #fashiondesign #fashionsketch #fashionista #lookbook #trendy #sketch #fashiondesigner #emergingdesigners
Viola Davis is an extraordinary actress that embodies self-confidence, maybe that is why she has such a strong presence on the red carpet? Well, that and her amazing arms! For arms like Viola try lower trap dips. All you will need are two chairs, make sure they are sturdy and can support your weight.
- Place 2 chairs next to each other, with enough space for you to fit in between them.
- Put a hand on each chair, extend your legs and keep your arms straight.
- Press your body upwards, keeping your legs parallel to the floor.
- Raise your shoulders upwards and lower your body downward.
Sienna Miller rocked a simple white cut out dress that tastefully showed off her toned core. Try a few plank variations that are excellent for strengthening the entire core. These moves can be done a few times a week to increase the definition and strength in your abs.
- Traditional Plank and Variations To perform this move you will want to start out in a forearm plank with your fingertips facing forward or your hands clasped in front of you. Starting on your knees slowly take both knees off the floor until you are on your toes. Hold this forearm plank for 30 seconds rest and repeat for a total of 5 reps. Try to mix things up by performing a plank tap out. Maintain the same plank position but instead tap your right foot slightly outside your hip and return to starting position. Repeat the same action on the other side. Do this move for 10 reps (5 on each side) and repeat for 2-3 sets.
Gina Rodriguez graced the red carpet in a shimmery white evening gown that showcased her recent weight loss. It’s clear the actress has been putting some time in the gym with her new toned physique. For a full-body workout take a look at some of the moves below.
- 3 sets of 12 Push-ups Start with your body in a traditional push-up position either on your toes or knees. Make sure your toes/knees are aligned with your hips and no wider. Keeping your arms slightly wider than your shoulders keep your fingertips facing forward. Lower your body to the floor with the goal of getting your chest as close as possible to the ground. Make sure the certain of your body does not sink and remains aligned with your spine. To add a bit of difficulty to this move you can try performing the push-up while stabilizing yourself on one foot at time. Each time you come up alternate on the other side.
- Lunge Tap Out: While standing in front of a ballet barre or behind a chair light place the palm of hands on the barre or chair for balance. Step the right foot back and bend the left knee to lower the right towards the floor. From this lunge position tap the right toe in and extend the leg back. Repeat and switch legs. Do this for 8 reps for 3 sets.