Sheer fashion is deliciously feminine, gauzy, and breathable for summer, but how to wear it if you’re not up for going FULL RIHSUS. We’ve cobbled together our own guidance on the matter, but you know, if you feel like wearing everything see-through, as Lumiere once said in the animated film Beauty and the Beast, be our guest because you’re the only fashion authority who should matter to you. Here are tips anyway depending on how sheer you want to go.
1. You could…wear your sheer pieces as outerwear OVER other stuff. A kimono, a bomber, a long see-through tee over a tank. This way, you’ll still have that breezy, breathable, gauzy thing going for you, but you’re also wearing actual clothes.
Joyrich Net Long Cardigan, $140 here
2. If you’re wearing a sheer top, or underthingies, go for the full coverage bras and panties, you know the ones too special to be hidden.
Moschino Multicolored Signature Triangle Bralette, $130 here
3. Mind the gap. Show off the parts of your body you want to flaunt whether it’s your smooth legs, midsection under a soft layer or arms in voluminous sleeves. Whatever you feel best covering, opaque.
Boohoo Ellie Mesh Panel bodysuit, $12 here
4. You don’t have to wear all sheer everything, typically if your work dress code isn’t Coachella pop-up sponsored by see-through dresses. Longer hems, high necks, hybrids (long overlay of sheer OVER a mini skirt,) all look really balanced.
Round neck dip hem t-shirt, $13.60 here
Calvin Klein Mesh-Striped Pencil Skirt, $84.99 here
5. If you’re up for going nearly totally sheer, you can always bring a light jacket, to be used at your discretion. Like when you feel it’s unfair to cute children and dogs to be this hot.