Our current situation: the long stretch until warm weather and beaches, which means loads of April showers melting our faces. It’s all enough to make some of us walk away from the makeup brushes and mascara for free of black rings around your eyes. No need to give up hope just yet.
We’ve put together some tips and hero products that will make your face almost waterproof. Watch out for cars and puddles though.
1. If you aren’t priming that face yet, you should. Much like paint primer for your wall, primer lays down a foundation for your makeup to sit on more comfortable and evenly. Helping your makeup stay in place. Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer, here, is a keeper, and of course that longtime favorite among beauty gurus; Smashbox Iconic Photo Finish Foundation Primer, here.
2. Setting powders or sprays offer even more protection against weather. Spray them on, and they’ll seal the makeup in like a shield against the elements. We like Make Up Forever Mist & Fix.
3. It seems like a no-brainer, but waterproof mascara is a must. Your primer and your setting spray won’t seal your mascara so it needs extra protection. Estee Lauder Sumptuous Extreme Waterproof Lash Multiplying Volume Mascara is my absolute favorite, not only does it make my lashes look great and last literally all day, they have extra vitamins to promote lash growth.
4. You shouldn’t neglect your perfect red lip because mother nature wants to nourish the world. Just look for matte lipsticks. To ensure a great, waterproof stick, try celebrity makeup artist Tia Dantzler’s tip of dabbing a bit of baby powder on your lips then the lip color. There’s only one word I have for the best matte lipsticks: Nars Velvet Matte Lip Pencil.
5. Translucent powder. No matter how hard you try to avoid the rain or water proof your makeup, you will probably still get attacked with an aggravating amount of rain fall and operation damage control will need to take place. Translucent powder is amazing because you can duck into the bathroom and swipe a brush or a sponge over your face and it will absorb some to the water and the stress sweet. Try E.L.F’s Translucent Mattifying Powder.