The gratuitous Love calendar gift of the day was a video of Irina Shayk slathering herself with oil on the beach in a low-cut maillot. We love looking at her grease herself to the Beach Boys in summer style as much as the next citizen of the world, but we firmly stand by our unpopular opinion: winter’s a much sexier time to get dressed even though you’re fully clothed.
Here are five compelling reasons why winter fashion is so much sexier than summer steez.
1. Holiday lingerie: Honestly is there anything more ’20s dame of you to slowly slide into something that proves you’re not interested in landing on Santa’s nice list?
2. A drapey, cozy coat. Don’t act like outerwear isn’t the most heat inducing thing possible. You can have your arm parties and jorts. We want to make everyone uncomfortably attracted to us by the way we liberally wear a topper.
Rocking my uber chic @elietahari coat for a good cause! We are raising awareness & money for the Worldwide Orphans Foundation @wworphans charity #CoatsforaCause. Check out how you can help children in need at WWO.org!!
A photo posted by A S H L E Y G R A H A M (@theashleygraham) on
3. Over-the-knee boots: These instantly make you look like a Baracuda in the sack and a lady in the meat aisle. Can you honestly tell us flip-flops or flatforms compare in sexy time levels to over-the-knee boots and a coat? You can’t. Winter forever.
4. A sweater is like a comforter, and when boys see it, they think of beds.
A photo posted by Sabina (@thesabinakarlsson) on
5. Winter accessories. A floppy black hat or a deliciously silky scarf are both extremely mysterious and x-rated, and you need them.