It’s time to dig into that Thanksgiving feast. If all goes as planned, it should be an excellent time. But at any good old American get together, there could be the occasional annoyance. Adore them as you do, your family will partake in the Thanksgiving tradition of addressing you directly about when EXACTLY you’ll get your life together or why your face looks like that, and sometimes that’s awkward.
With this in mind, we’ve put together Beyoncé GIFs for all your Thanksgiving problems. With all due respect to American heroes like Harriet Tubman, Dorothea Dix, and Rosa Parks, Beyoncé was the only one who sang “Proud to Be An American,” in a crisp eggshell suit. Because of this, today we’re thankful for Bey’s ego and her ability to sum up how we feel about Thanksgiving. Let’s jump right in with the first Thanksgiving hassle.
1. When someone points out you’re still single and assumes you’re praying for the day when you can own a real boyfriend sweater from a real live boyfriend.
2. Or when you have a boyfriend and his mom’s cornbread is insufficient and you remember that you were also invited to your cool aunt’s house.
3. When someone thinks your sweatpants aren’t appropriate for an event with a silver gravy boat.
4. When your uncle calls someone ELSE a fashionista and fails to notice the level of effort that went into your festive sweater/gravy stain combo.
5. When there’s at least one glass left in the bottle of red wine and you realize that you haven’t finished yours yet so you need to down this and claim the last of the alcohol.
6. When you’re early and the cheese plate arrives and no one wants to make the first move, but the cheese is definitely singing to you.
7. When your aunt rejects your apple crumble that you singlehandedly made from a box so she can go out and “check for UFOs,” and you shove a plate in her face before she does.